The cadaver used to create this etching can be seen on display in the University�s Anatomical Museum, Teviot Place. The lymphatics have been injected with mercury to provide a clear illustration of this system for anatomical study. Believed to be created sometime before 1794, the work is attributed to Thomas Donaldson (unknown), after a now lost drawing by Andrew Fyfe (1754 - 1824). Fyfe, from Corstorphine, was artist and dissector to the then Professor of Anatomy at the University, Alexander Monro (1754 - 1798). This highly detailed life-size illustration was made by printing from three separate etched plates that were attached together afterwards.